We know it’s hard. You want lasagna all the time, but the family just won’t consent to it. “We had it last night,” they whine, not understanding the true value of beautiful, delicious lasagna. But they said nothing about grilled cheese, and through this, you’ll have your victory at last.
Feast your eyes on this incredible lasagna grilled cheese, lauded by many, but made by few. This legendary recipe has been passed down through generations of One Country chefs, where it was once lost, but finally uncovered in a filing cabinet at the back of the office. Fortunately, we were able to decipher the recipe enough to bring it to you.
Try this recipe before it’s lost once and for all, and never let your family say no to lasagna again!
Lasagna Grilled Cheese
- sourdough bread
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 1 tbs fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, smashed
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- marinara sauce
- Mix ricotta, basil, salt and pepper in a bowl. Set aside.
- Smash cherry tomatoes with a fork in a separate bowl. Set aside.
- Drop a pat of butter into a heated nonstick skillet.
- Spread the ricotta mixture onto one piece of bread.
- Place the bread, plain side down, into the skillet, along with another piece of bread.
- Top the ricotta side with parmesan and smashed tomatoes.
- Flip the plain bread on top of the bread with the ingredients.
- Toast until both sides are golden brown, flipping occasionally.
- Serve with a side of marinara.