I live very close to a Chick-Fil-A, so the desire to eat there comes often, but most often on a Sunday when you want some fried chicken, but not a huge thing, you know?
Homemade Chick-fil-A Nuggets Recipe:
- 1 pound chicken breasts, cut into large chunks
- ⅓ cup dill pickle juice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp arrowroot flour
- ½ tbsp paprika (sweet or smoked)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Coconut oil for frying
- Marinate the chicken in the pickle juice in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Mix the beaten egg and coconut milk.
- Pour out pickle juice then add the egg/coconut milk mixture. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Mix the dry ingredients.
- Drain the egg/coconut mixture and add the spice mixture. Mix until the chicken is evenly coated.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of coconut oil to a large frying pan. Add a single layer of chicken when the oil is hot enough (place a wooden spoon in the oil and if the oil bubbles around the spoon, your oil is hot enough!).
- Fry about 3 minutes on each side or until it’s thoroughly cooked.
- It may take 2-3 batches to cook one pound of chicken.