Anyone who knows Carrie Underwood (either personally or through a screen) knows about her perfect comedic timing. As one-half of this year’s CMA Awards hosting duo, along with Brad Paisley for the eighth year running, the “Blown Away” powerhouse has given primetime TV some of the finest, funniest moments ever. The duo began their stint in 2008 and have returned each and every season to deliver (hands-down) the best opening monologues of any other awards show. Through the years, they’ve poked fun at Taylor Swift, Obama and Faith Hill’s & Tim McGraw’s merchandise dolls. When you think they’ll zig, they zag, letting our funny bones do the rest.
As this year’s CMA Awards are just over the horizon, we take a stroll down memory lane and reminisce with 10 of their funniest bits. Which is your favorite?
10 Funniest CMA Awards Moments from Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley:
1. 2013 CMA Awards // “Obamacare by Morning”
2. 2009 CMA Awards // “Swine Flu”
3. 2011 CMA Awards // “Tim & Faith Barbies
4. 2012 CMA Awards // “Gangnam Style”
5. 2010 CMA Awards // “Tiger with Some Tail”
6. 2011 CMA Awards // Miss Piggy Traps Carrie
7. 2009 CMA Awards // “D.I.V.O.R.C.E.”
8. 2014 CMA Awards // Post Partum Taylor Swift Disorder
9. 2013 CMA Awards // Keeping It Spicy with Keith Urban
10. 2012 CMA Awards // “Motorboatin'”
The 49th Annual CMA Awards will air live Wednesday, Nov. 4 (8:00-11 PM/ET) from the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville on the ABC Television Network.
Image Source: CMA