Shortly after announcing his retirement from the road, stars are joining forces for a tribute to Sir Elton John. Miranda Lambert, Dolly Parton and Little Big Town are among the country acts to be featured on the tribute album.
The biggest names in music will lend their voices to two albums, Revamp and Restoration, that cover Elton’s legendary hits.
Restoration highlights country’s hottest stars thoughtful interpretations by Dierks Bentley, Rosanne Cash and Emmylou Harris, Miley Cyrus, Vince Gill and Don Henley, Miranda Lambert, Little Big Town, Maren Morris, Kacey Musgraves, Willie Nelson, Brothers Osborne, Chris Stapleton, Rhonda Vincent and Dolly Parton and Lee Ann Womack.
Revamp features the hits reimagined by the best in pop, rock and urban with Mary J. Blige, Alessia Cara, Coldplay, Miley Cyrus, Florence And The Machine, Lady Gaga, The Killers, Mumford and Sons, P!nk and Logic, Q-Tip ft. Demi Lovato, Queens of the Stone Age, Ed Sheeran, Sam Smith.
“’It’s always a huge compliment when an artist loves your song enough to take the time and effort to rework it,” adds Elton John. “As songwriters, Bernie and myself are thrilled when singers we admire and respect as much as those on Revamp & Restoration choose to add their own unique twist in the process. It means that our music is still relevant and ultimately that our songs continue to reach new audiences. We’re humbled and thank them all for their generosity.”
In addition, Sir Elton will receive an all-star salute at “Elton John: I’m Still Standing A Grammy Salute” airing on Tuesday, April 10 9:00pm ET on CBS. The concert will include Alessia Cara, Miley Cyrus, Lady Gaga, Miranda Lambert, John Legend, Kesha, Little Big Town, Chris Martin, Shawn Mendes, Maren Morris, Ed Sheeran, Sam Smith and SZA.
- “Rocket Man” – Little Big Town
- “Mona Lisas And Mad Hatters” – Maren Morris
- “Sacrifice” – Don Henley and Vince Gill
- “Take Me To The Pilot” – Brothers Osborne
- “My Father’s Gun” – Miranda Lambert
- “I Want Love” – Chris Stapleton
- “Honky Cat” – Lee Ann Womack
- “Roy Rogers” – Kacey Musgraves
- “Please” – Rhonda Vincent and Dolly Parton
- “The Bitch Is Back” – Miley Cyrus
- “Sad Songs (Say So Much)” – Dierks Bentley
- “This Train Don’t Stop” – Rosanne Cash and Emmylou Harris
- “Border Song” – Willie Nelson
- “Bennie and The Jets” – Elton John, P!nk, Logic
- “We All Fall In Love Sometimes” – Coldplay
- “I Guess That’s Why They Call It The Blues” – Alessia Cara
- “Candle In The Wind” – Ed Sheeran
- “Tiny Dancer” – Florence And The Machine
- “Someone Saved My Life Tonight” – Mumford and Sons
- “Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word” – Mary J. Blige
- “Don’t Go Breaking My Heart” – Q Tip feat. Demi Lovato
- “Mona Lisas And Mad Hatters” – The Killers
- “Daniel” – Sam Smith
- “Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me” – Miley Cyrus
- “Your Song” – Lady Gaga
- “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road” – Queens of the Stone Age