After the premiere of the “Somethin’ Bad” video featuring the gloriously bad, Miranda Lambert, and the kind of bad, Carrie Underwood, I was left with a few thoughts on the whole thing. I liked the video and was excited to finally see some of the bad stuff these two have been singing about, but what about:
1. Would we be supportive if Miranda did this to her hair in real life? I want to think I’d be okay with it, but I can’t commit to anything. It could work.
2. I couldn’t look this good in front of a million different Olan Mills photographers, much less a mugshot.
3. Is Miranda going to the circus? That guy looks like the gatekeeper to some sort of scary clown meeting. Don’t go, Miranda!
4. Is this an underground poker game? Why does Carrie look like she’s going to the Oscars and that guy looks like he just stepped out of a Village People video?
5. How’d they get so dirty, yet glamorous? I bet they’d be good at camping.
7. Wait. Is that them now? On motorcycles?!
8. Hair. Hair. Hair. There’s no way you can get that kind of volume out of some two-in-one shampoo and conditioner combo.
9. They got blown up and still look like divas. At this point, they could teach a masterclass.
10. And after they survived the blast they’re heading out to a business meeting with Don Johnson.
Somethin’ bad indeed (in a good way).
Here’s the full video, too.