Country music isn’t the only genre were there are songs affiliated with — or influenced by — alcohol. Just like with many country music songs, alcohol seem to share a common link amongst musicians.
25 Best Non-Country Drinking Songs:
25. “Streams of Whiskey” // The Pogues
This invigorating, punk-ish Irish folk song has an infectious dose of politics, accordions and a pint of Guinness.
24. “Let’s All Go to the Bar” // Deer Tick
Sometimes, it just doesn’t matter, getting to the bar is something you just have to do, no matter what.
23. “Quiet Whiskey” // Wynonie Harris
The sad tale of what happens once you open that first bottle of whiskey.
22. “Swimming Pools (Drank)” // Kendrick Lamar
The riff in this song is catchy. I’m not one to judge but filling a swimming pool full of liquor seems a bit excessive.
21. “F–k You I’m Drunk” // Bondo
While it’s certainly doesn’t have the most PG-rated lyrics — it’s surprisingly as funny as it is honest.
20. “Too Drunk to Dream” // The Magnetic Fields
While the lyrics might not be the most pleasant to absorb. The truth and sarcasm are apparent when you turn to the bottle for help.
19. “Have A Drink On Me” // AC/DC
“So c’mon have a good time, and get blinded outta your mind” — who hasn’t been there?
18. “Warm Beer and Cold Women” // Tom Waits
It makes the list with the title alone.
17. “Gimme That Wine” // Lambert, Hendricks & Ross
I dare you not to crack a smile while listening to this up-tempo, a capella beat.
16. “Brass Monkey” // Beastie Boys
Prior to the internet, did anyone know that what a ‘Brass Monkey’ actually was?
15. “Tubthumping” // Chumbawamba
What doesn’t this man drink? A whiskey drink, a vodka drink, a lager drink, a cider drink and I assume much, much more.
14. “When I Was Drinking” // Hem
Please name me a more beautifully captured song that captures the love/hate relationship people have with love, sobriety and isolation?
13. “Buy U a Drank” (Shawty Snappin’)” // T-Pain
“Let’s get drunk and forget what we did.” Cleary, the man is not bashful.
12. “Cigarettes & Alcohol” // Oasis
Is this song the younger sister of their smash hit “Champagne Supernova?”
11. “Red, Red Wine” // UB-40
What better way to push her thoughts away, than with red, red wine?
10. “Escape (The Piña Colada Song)” // Rupert Holmes
A song about cheating, personal ads, and Pina Coladas — let the adventure begin.
9. “Sally Maclennane” // The Pogues
If this doesn’t justify a great Irish punk drinking song, nothing will.
8. “The Piano Has Been Drinking” // Tom Waits
While the song sounds sad, there’s something rather sweet about this boozy ballad.
7. “Nightrain” // Guns N’ Roses
An ode to dirt-cheap wine. Some of the best anthems are sung when you’re drunk and everybody joins in because it’s so damn catchy.
6. “The Boys Are Back in Town” // Thin Lizzy
This should be the song of choice for every ‘Amateur Night ‘ or ‘Rookie Night ‘— when college students go home for break.
5. “Tequila” // The Champs
Who needs words when a two-chord riff and a saxophone will do?
4. “Gin and Juice” // Snoop Dogg
Snoop Dogg is smoking weed while taking swigs of gin. And he’s doing all this while driving. Just seems a little crazy to me.
3. “Alabama Song (Whisky Bar)” // The Doors
Some Doors songs are powerful, some are beautiful. This one is simply weird.
2. “Whiskey In The Jar” // Thin Lizzy
While Metallica’s remake might be more popular, Thin Lizzy’s version totally owns it for any real bar lover.
1. “One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer” // John Lee Hooker
It’s the story of a man in a bar at closing time, ordering one more round before the barman kicks him out. The best stories are the ones everyone can relate to.
Image Source: BigStock