I’ll be the first to admit that professionally and personally, I was pretty excited to hear new music from Carrie Underwood. “Cry Pretty” wasn’t what I expected and to date, it’s her most personal narrative yet. I also wasn’t expecting for the Twitter reviews of the song to be so damn hilarious.
8 Hilarious Twitter Reviews of Carrie Underwood’s “Cry Pretty”:
My personal contribution:
— One Country (@onecountry) April 11, 2018
1. The “woo” at 3:28 is GRAMMY-worthy on its own.
Carrie didn’t have to go off like she did. She could have ended the song at 3 minutes and 20 seconds but she said NO BITCH IM SLAYING THIS ENDING. She did was she had to do #CarrieUnderwood #CryPretty
— Owen (@cry_owen) April 11, 2018
2. LOL. What if this really was a conversation and she was like, “well, let me just see what I can do.”
them: let’s just end #CryPretty at 3 and half minutes.
— 𝔞𝔫𝔡𝔯𝔢𝔴 // 😭💖 09.14.18 (@cowboycasanova) April 11, 2018
3. Blooooooooooown away.
— Jodie Price (@jodiea1996) April 11, 2018
4. Again. I hope this is actually how she runs into the studio.
— Elaina Doré Smith (@elainadsmith) April 11, 2018
5. And actual hair!
HOLD ON TO YOUR WEAVES, Y'ALL 😭😭😭 #CRYPRETTY
— B (@liveasong4) April 11, 2018
6. I mean, if you’re gonna wait 2 years to release a single…
This bitch thought: let me release a 4 minute song, half of which will just be me belting the highest notes of my career. WHAT A LEGEND. #CryPretty
— Alexander Kirk (@Alexander_Kirk) April 11, 2018
7. Don’t worry– term of endearment.
I'm still not over #CryPretty. Bitch didn't have to SNAP like that! 😭
— B (@liveasong4) April 12, 2018
8. The lack of punctuation makes this one even better because are we talking to Carrie or does she own the ass?
— KT (@_klesperance) April 11, 2018