Little Big Town has seen every side to the country music industry– the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. They’ve been dropped from a record label, experienced terrible personal tragedies together and once, a record reviewer for the Tennessean said music was, “… a collection of fluffy, sugar-coated songs that’s sure to eat away the enamel of your brain if you have too much.” But, through it all, even the wearing down of their brain enamel, Karen Fairchild and Kimberly Schlapman have been there together and for each other. The two singers met in college, moved to Nashville together and even though they once rode in a van from Nashville to Boston together they still love each other.
8 Photos Proving Karen Fairchild and Kimberly Schlapman are Country Music’s BEST Best Friends:
1. In 25 years of friendship they have never said a cross word to each other? Do not tell my best friends from elementary school, they’ll reevaluate a lot of things.
Friends for over 25 years and we’ve never said a cross word to each other. Happy birthday @ohgussie your friendship is irreplaceable.
A photo posted by Karen Fairchild (@karenfairchild) on Oct 15, 2015 at 9:14am PDT
2. Only best friends can’t post almost identical, but totally different birthday photos to each other.
A true friend has always got your back! Happy Birthday to my lifelong friend @karenfairchild! I love you!
A photo posted by Kimberly Schlapman (@ohgussie) on Sep 28, 2015 at 8:27pm PDT
3. On most stages, there’s one Beyonce fan. On Little Big Town’s stage there might only be one, but Karen and Kimberly share it. That’s a true friend– not just anyone would share their Beyonce fan.
4. They even point at the same stuff.
5/6. Little Big Town wouldn’t be where they are without Phillip Sweet and Jimi Westbrook, but I do love when these two just start singing to each other and the guys just strum along from the side.
7. Karen Fairchild is married to Jimi Westbrook, but when Reba surprised the group with an Opry invitation, she went straight for her BFF.
Still reliving this moment. Still wiping away the tears. Thank you for a dream come true @opry!! And thanks for catching this one @bfluke!
A photo posted by Kimberly Schlapman (@ohgussie) on Oct 4, 2014 at 9:50pm PDT
8. I too have tried the soft smile and I did it with my best friends. Only BFFs experiment with new smiles on the Internet together.
Loved singing #girlcrush last night on @fallontonight and love seeing all the support for the song.
A photo posted by Karen Fairchild (@karenfairchild) on Mar 25, 2015 at 10:32pm PDT
Image Source: CMA, Instagram