They don’t call the ACM Awards Country Music’s Party of the Year® because it’s the exact opposite. In fact, it is one big party and much looser than other awards shows. The collaborations are denser and really, really interesting things usually happen at the ACM Awards. Some funny, some strange.
6 Kind of Funny (And Strange) Moments from ACM Awards Show Past:
1. The time Dick Clark interviewed Tim McGraw and Faith Hill, and asked, “what happens after you have a baby.” Feeling pretty lucky that he didn’t ask where babies come from.
2. The end of the 50th Annual ACM Awards brought on the most epic hug in bromance history from Luke Bryan and Blake Shelton.
3. KISS was on the red carpet and it was just weird. Well, Gene Simmons said nice things, but still.
4.Matthew McConaughey made an appearance at the 2009 ACM Awards. He told this weird story.
5. One time, David Copperfield, who Reba called “the magician of the century,” made Taylor Swift magically appear. So many questions about this bit, but mostly– who gives the award for magician of the century and who else was in the running?
6. Dick Clark asked Alan Jackson why he was wearing a Hank Williams t-shirt on. Did he not know who Hank Williams is?