If you’re looking for a tasty way to eat black-eyed peas on New Year’s Day for good luck in the new year or you’re on the hunt for tasty, heart-healthy salad recipes, look no further! This recipe is packed with flavor and fresh veggies. Add cooked rice to make it an entree!
How To Make Healthy Black Eyed Pea Salad:
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 zucchini
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1/3 cup red onion
- 1 15.5 oz can black-eyed peas
- 1 15.25 oz. can corn
- Combine oil, vinegar, garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper and stir until combined.
- Peel and chop your veggies and add them to the oil mixture.
- Drain and rinse the peas and the corn and add them to the mixture.
- Stir and toss until well coated.