When I heard that Brad Paisley had a comedy special, I was skeptical. Was it going to be sketches? Songs? Standup? Well, Netflix has released “Brad Paisley’s Comedy Rodeo” and all my questions have been answered.
The show does contain a couple sketches that book end the hour and standup from Nate Bargatze, John Heffron, Jon Reep, Sarah Tiana, and Mike E. Winfield. And, of course, Brad played a few comical songs, much like we’ve seen when he’s co-hosting the CMA Awards with Carrie Underwood.
1. David Hasselhoff Mistakes Brad Paisley for another male country singer.
I’m not going to give it away. It’s a small moment right after the beginning, but it had me cracking up.
2. Brad unknowingly leaves a guy in the crowd hanging.
You’ve got to be watching closely, but I freakin’ died when Brad was walking to the stage at Nashville’s Zanies and didn’t see this one dude.
3. “Almost Everything to Me”
An alternate version of Brad’s hit.
5. “You Were My First … Cousin”
A story of young, illegal love. Brad is from West Virginia …
6. When he forgets the first line to the song he wrote for his wife — and gets help from the crowd
Points to this fan in the crowd that saves Brad’s butt during this part of the show. The singer-songwriter legit forgot the words to his own song, so he steals a fan’s phone. Comedy gold.
7. “You Outta Be Ashamed (Selfie Song)”
Some of you are guilty of these awful selfie offenses and Brad does not let you off the hook.