Carrie Underwood hasn’t won a CMA Award since 2008 and after the year she’s had, it’s time to end the drought. And it’s not just time for her to get some serious consideration for CMA Female Vocalist of the Year, it’s time go ahead and give her that Entertainer of the Year trophy.
The Entertainer of the Year award goes to “the act displaying the greatest competence in all aspects of the entertainment field. Voter should give consideration not only to recorded performance, but also to the in-person performance, staging, public acceptance, attitude, leadership, and overall contribution to the Country Music image.”
Done and done.
10 Reasons Carrie Underwood Should Be the CMA Entertainer of the Year:
1. Seeing Carrie perform live has always been a treat, but her ACM Awards performance of “Church Bells” was something totally different than fans had ever seen before. Not only that, the show’s producers let her have the entire stage. That’s a rarity in awards show world. And boy, did she work that stage.
2. Oh, you didn’t realize Carrie had two performance during the ACM Awards? She could’ve only played the drums for 17 seconds and everyone would’ve been mesmerized.
It’s kind of like the drum solo in Phil Collins’ “In The Air Tonight.”
3. Almost 2 months to the day after her show-stopping ACM performance, Carrie was up against another national television audience with the task of singing her still current single, “Church Bells.” How do you top that ACM performance? If you’re Carrie Underwood you just make a little more dramatic in the beginning, add a gospel choir and get to work.
4. Who ya gonna call when you want to be entertained on New Year’s Eve? Carrie Underwood, obviously.
Also, she did it in an emerald green suit.
5. Carrie Underwood can even make Wham! sound wonderful. And she’s hilarious. Which usually translates into entertainment.
6. Need to introduce Sam Hunt to the world during the GRAMMYs? You better call Carrie Underwood. About the time Carrie emerged from the shadows no was watching Sam anymore. Except maybe Mike Fisher.
7. Carrie Underwood decided to learn how to play the harmonica in the last year. Why? Why the hell not?
8. When Carrie Underwood has to take a vocal break on stage she just starts dancing.
Always be entertaining. A.B.E.
9. Storyteller has already gone Gold and produced three No. 1 hits (to date). Definitely one of the most successful albums of the year.
10. Carrie Underwood’s Storyteller Tour: Stories in the Round has sold out every date and features a 360-degree center stage of three circles. It is made up of four acts and 22 songs.