Have you ever tried those little bowls from KFC with the mashed potatoes, corn and popcorn chicken?? This is kind of like that, but SO much better. It’s also surprisingly easy to make, which means it’s perfect for a busy weeknight!
Chicken Fried Steak Bowl Recipe:
Chicken Fried Steak:
- 1 1/2 lb. cube steak
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- Vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup reserved vegetable oil from chicken fried steak
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. peper
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 pack green beans, steamed
- 1 can corn
- Mix together flour, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder in a bowl, then dip each steak chunk into the mixture to coat.
- Dip the floured chunks into the eggs, then back into the flour mixture.
- Fry the chunks in vegetable oil until brown and crispy. Set aside.
- Drain most of the oil from the skillet, reserving about 1/4 of a cup to make the gravy.
- Reduce the pan to medium heat, then whisk in 1/4 cup of flour a tablespoon at a time until you’ve formed a light brown roux.
- Season with salt and pepper, then whisk in milk.
- Let the mixture simmer until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, then remove from heat.
- Prepare mashed potatoes, green beans and corn.
- Layer mashed potatoes, green beans, corn and chicken fried steak into bowls, and drizzle with gravy.