Love is in the air. Everywhere we look, lovers are loving, Valentine’s are swooning and the look of love is all around us. But what if you’re not in love or you don’t have the special someone you can count on to bring you flowers and chocolates packaged in a heart-shaped box? What if you just want to be sad this Valentine’s day? That’s OK, you’re in luck.
This Valentine’s day we are here for you. We have compiled a list of sad songs, the kind that makes you want to wallow in your own self-pity. Sometimes we just need to do that, right? Then these country breakup songs that make you wanna cry in your beer and stay home alone watching sad movies are just what the doctor ordered.
Here’s to all the strong people out there that are going it alone. There should be a holiday that celebrates solitude. But for now, we’ll just use these 10 country songs to validate those feelings.
1. “Tin Man” // Miranda Lambert
2. “Here Comes Goodbye” // Rascal Flatts
3. “Like We Never Loved At All” // Faith Hill feat. Tim McGraw
4. “You’ll Think of Me” // Keith Urban
5. “Goodbye Time” // Blake Shelton
6. “For My Broken Heart” // Reba McEntire
7. “Vice” // Miranda Lambert
8. “Bourbon in Kentucky” // Dierks Bentley
9. “Your Side of the Bed” // Little Big Town
10. “Tonight I Wanna Cry” // Keith Urban