Today (Oct. 20) is a big day for Darius Rucker. The South Carolina native has released a brand new album, When Was The Last Time, along with the new video for his current single,”For the First Time.”
When Was The Last Time, produced by Ross Copperman, is Darius’ fifth solo country album and the follow-up to 2015’s Southern Style. The album contains 12 tracks, including the lead track and No. 1 hit, “If I Told You,”
“For the First Time,” written by Darius, Derek George and Travis Hill, asks the question, ‘When was the last time you did something for the first time?’
“The song’s just about doing something fun that you’ve never done before,” Darius says in the behind-the-scenes video. “Ain’t fun, why do it? But give it shot you never know, could be fun.
The 51-year-old singer enlisted the help of director Jim Wright to bring the song to life in a fun-loving, positive way.
“We’re kind of doing a flash forward. We spotlight a lot of first times in relationships and all of what could be,” adds Jim.
When Was the Last Time Track List and Songwriters
- “For the First Time” – (Darius Rucker, Derek George, Scooter Carusoe)
- “Bring It On” – (Ross Copperman, Ashley Gorley, Dallas Davidson)
- “Life’s Too Short”- (Copperman, Jon Nite, Jaren Johnston)
- “If I Told You” – (Copperman, Shane McAnally, Nite)
- “Don’t” – (Adam Doleac, A.J. Babcock, Pete Good)
- “Twenty Something” – (McAnally, Nite, Zach Crowell, Josh Osborne)
- “Straight to Hell” with Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan and Charles Kelley – (Kevin Kinney)
- “Count the Beers” – (Rucker, Dean Dillon, Josh Thompson)
- “Another Night With You” – (Rucker, Dillon, Josh Thompson)
- “Hands On Me” – (Copperman, McAnally, J.T. Harding)
- “She” – (Chris Tompkins, Rodney Clawson)
- “Story to Tell” – (Copperman, Gorley, Rucker)