If you grew up in the south, you know that grits are one of the finer things in life. While you can enjoy them plain, I find theyre much more enjoyable when they’re loaded with bacon and cheese (as are most things, right?)
Loaded Slow-Cooker Grits Recipe:
- 1 1/2 cup grits
- 6 cups water
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Combine grits, water, and 2/3 each of cheddar cheese and bacon in your slow cooker.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Let the mixture stand for about a minute to allow the grits to settle in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook for 2-3 hours or until the grits are tender.
- Add butter, green onions and the remaining butter and bacon, and stir until the butter has melted.
- Serve warm!