Moscow Mules are my go-to cocktail, so the fact that there’s a sweet-tooth version you can eat makes my heart very, very happy! The recipe is so easy to make and only requires a few ingredients, one of which is a boxed cake mix, which literally can’t get easier. Whip these up for your next girls night, birthday celebration, bachelorette party or just because– I mean, you’ve earned it, and you’re worth it.
Moscow Mule Cupcake Recipe:
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- 1 12-oz. can ginger beer
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 cups (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cups vodka
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. lime zest
- lime slices, for garnish
- Fresh mint, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Combine cake mix, ginger beer, and ground ginger in a large bowl and whisk until combined.
- Pour mixture into cupcake liners and bake according to box instructions.
- Let cool completely.
- Beat butter in a large bowl until fluffy, then add powdered sugar and beat until combined.
- Add vodka, lime juice and zest, and stir until well combined.
- Pipe frosting onto cupcakes and garnish with a lime wedge and a sprig of mint.