Leave it to Paula Deen to come up with a creamed corn recipe that is so sinfully delicious, they had to put “naughty” in the title! It’s incredibly easy to make and will serve as the perfect side dish for your next get together.
Paula Deen’s “Naughty Creamed Corn” Recipe:
- 6 slices of bacon
- 4 cups corn kernels (can be frozen)
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Cook onion in a large dutch oven on medium heat.
- Remove bacon when cooked, but leave the bacon drippings.
- Add corn and onion and cook for 10 minutes.
- Whisk in flour and stir for an additional 2 minutes.
- Whisk in cream, sugar, salt and pepper and stir for 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Top with cooked bacon and enjoy!