I always have a hard time thinking up new meals to make during my busy weeks. Luckily I love to be in the kitchen and I find it relaxing, but there are some days where I come home and the last thing I want to do is cook.
Ree Drummond’s easy chicken quesadilla recipe lacks no flavor and is simple to make– it’s really all about the ingredients!
The Pioneer Woman’s Easy Chicken Quesadilla Recipe:
- 12 large flour tortillas
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups grated cheese (Monterey Jack is the best)
- 2 lbs. skinless chicken breasts
- Pico de Gallo, for serving
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp. taco or Cajun seasoning mix
- 1 large onion, cut in half and then into slices
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 12 tbsp. butter, for frying
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet on medium-high.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt, pepper and taco seasoning, then add it to the skillet.
- Saute for 4 minutes per side or until the chicken is cooked through, then remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet on high heat, then add the onions and peppers and cook until the peppers have a few charred spots (about 3-4 minutes). Set aside.
- Cut chicken into slices.
- Sizzle 1/2 tablespoon of butter in another skillet, then lay a flour tortilla down.
- Build your quesadilla by laying cheese, then adding chicken, peppers and onion.
- Top with more cheese and a second tortilla, then when the tortilla is golden on the first side, carefully flip it and add another 1/2 tablespoon of butter to the skillet.
- Cook until both sides are golden, then repeat with the remaining tortillas and ingredients.
- Serve with pico de gallo or salsa and enjoy!