Ross Copperman (“Get Along,” “Woman, Amen”), one of country’s biggest songwriters, is turning his talents toward kids. The country hitmaker has re-imagined 10 of country music’s biggest hits for a new project, Homegrown Country Kids Vol. 1.
Ross gathered young singers from across the country for the compilation album to perform country’s chart-topping songs and he’s exclusively sharing the video for “Get Along”—originally recorded by Kenny Chesney— with One Country readers.
Check out the children’s version of “Get Along” below.
Inspired by his own kids love of music, Ross who has written twenty Country No. 1 hits, created the new album for a family-friendly experience, just in time for the holidays.
“I’ve worked on so many records but really just wanted to make one for them that we can listen to while we drive around in the car and other parents can enjoy too,” said Ross, who is executive producer on the project. “When kids hear other children singing, their eyes kind of light up and I just thought this would be a great way to get kids and their families involved in Country music.”
The songwriter hand-selected songs with a positive message to inspire children to act with kindness and to bring families together. Some of the hits you may recognize, include Jon Pardi’s “Dirt on My Boots, Darius Rucker’s “Wagon Wheel,” Little Big Town’s “Boondocks” and Luke Bryan’s “Most People are Good.”
All 10 songs featured on the album have accumulated more than 9 million sales, 1 billion digital streams and nine No. 1 hits on Country radio.
Homegrown Kids Country will be released on December 7 and is available for pre-order here.
Homegrown Kids Country Track Listing:
- “Dirt on My Boots” — (Jon Pardi: Rhett Akins, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley)
- “Meant to Be” — (Bebe Rexha ft. Florida Georgia Line: Bleta Rexha, Tyler Hubbard, Josh Miller, David Garcia)
- “Road Less Traveled” — (Lauren Alaina: Lauren Alaina, Jesse Frasure, Meghan Trainor)
- “Get Along” — (Kenny Chesney: Shane McAnally, Ross Copperman, Josh Osborne)
- “Wagon Wheel” — (Darius Rucker: Bob Dylan, Ketch Secor)
- “Coming Home” — (Keith Urban ft. Julia Michaels: Keith Urban, Jonathan Rotem, Julia Michaels, Nicolle Galyon, Merle Haggard)
- “Most People are Good” — (Luke Bryan: David Frasier, Ed Hill, Josh Kear)
- “Everything’s Gonna Be Alright” — (Kenny Chesney ft. David Lee Murphy: David Lee Murphy, Jimmy Yeary, Chris Stevens)
- “No Such Thing as a Broken Heart” — (Old Dominion: Matthew Ramsey, Trevor Rosen, Brad Tursi, Jesse Frasure)
- “Boondocks” — (Little Big Town: Karen Fairchild, Wayne Kirkpatrick, Kimberly Roads, Phillip Sweet, Jimi Westbrook)