Who doesn’t love a good Sloppy Joe? Bring the taste of the classic Sloppy Joe sandwich to bite-size form with this sloppy joe dip!
How To Make Sloppy Joe Dip:
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 c. ketchup
- 2 tbsp. yellow mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 c. shredded Cheddar
- 1 c. Shredded Monterey Jack
- 2 tubes refrigerated French bread dough (such as Pillsbury)
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 tbsp. Freshly Chopped Parsley
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Add oil to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook for 6 minutes or until soft. Add ground beef and cook until brown, then season with salt and pepper and drain the fat.
- Stir in ketchup, mustard, garlic, brown sugar, and chili powder. Simmer until thick, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in a cup of cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup Monterey Jack.
- Push dip to the center of the skillet to make room for a bread ring.
- Cut the log of french bread dough diagonally and slice into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Place bread pieces around dip and brush with melted butter.
- Sprinkle bread with parsley and top dip with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden!