Who doesn’t love a big plate of spaghetti and meatballs? This spaghetti and meatball soup recipe is a fun take on the traditional spaghetti dish, and is perfect for cold winter nights. Serve it up with some garlic bread and enjoy!
Spaghetti and Meatball Soup Recipe:
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. ground beef
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lb. spaghetti, halved
- 3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cup marinara
- 2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix 2 garlic cloves, breadcrumbs, parsley, onion, egg, a teaspoon of Italian seasoning, a teaspoon of salt, and a 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper in a bowl.
- Add ground beef, and mix by hand until incorporated.
- Form 1″ meatballs and place in a single layer on a lined sheet pan or a casserole dish.
- Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Combine chicken broth, marinara sauce and water in a pot or dutch oven.
- Bring to a boil, then stir in spaghetti and cooked meatballs and simmer until the spaghetti is tender (about 10-12 minutes).
- Stir in Parmesan, garnish with basil, and serve hot!