Sweet tea is pretty much a staple in the South, and I would’ve have it any other way. And what better way is there to get your sweet tea fix than in Jell-O shot form?
These sweet tea Jell-o shots are perfect for your next party, tailgate, or girls night– and they’re surprisingly easy to make! They’re the perfect mix of sour and sweet with a special kick– be prepared for them to disappear fast!
How To Make Sweet Tea Jell-O Shots:
- 6 lemons, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 black tea bags
- 3/4 cup vodka
- 1 3-oz package lemon Jell-O
- Juice lemons until you get 1/4 cup of liquid.
- Hollow out all of the lemons and place them on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Combine water and sugar in a saucepan over high heat, and bring to a boil.
- Stir until sugar dissolves, then add black tea bags.
- Turn off the heat and steep for 3-4 minutes.
- Return to a simmer and whisk in lemon juice, vodka and Jell-O mix.
- Let cool slightly, then pour the liquid into lemon halves.
- Refrigerate until set (about an hour).
- Slice the lemons in half again and serve!