Family and friends gathered at the Country Music Hall of Fame Wednesday night (Nov. 15) to celebrate Tim McGraw and Faith Hill’s new exhibit, Tim McGraw and Faith Hill: Mississippi Woman / Louisiana Man.
As party-goers celebrated with a pre-cocktail party, Tim and Faith addressed the crowd gathered in the Hall of Fame rotunda with words about their exhibit and what the honor bestowed on them means to them.
“Thank you so much for having us here in this iconic place that Tim and I both have been—it’s been a while since we walked these halls. Ok, You have to talk,” Faith said to Tim. “I’m either gonna sing or I”m gonna cry.”
“Looking around and seeing all these plaques on the wall and seeing the people that paved the way for what we do and what we get to do and what we love and the life that we built—We wouldn’t be here, we wouldn’t the this opportunities first and foremost without the people that you see on the walls all they way around,” Tim said.
“The one beside me is the one that’s made me a better person and a better artist. So to be able to share this moment with her and two of our daughters who are here tonight, Gracie and Audrey, and all of our friends who have believed in us and worked with us in times where maybe you shouldn’t believe so much or maybe you should have decided to work with someone else, but you stuck with us and stayed with us,” Tim continued. “I love what I do, I love my family, I love this town, I love this place, I love anybody that has anything to do with country music, I love country music, I love my wife and anything good that has ever come to me has been because of all these people on this wall here that have paved the way and allowed me to do what i do and it’s because of music that I’m here.”
The exhibit features outfits worn by both Tim and Faith, personal memorabilia, photos, awards, instruments and more. You can check out the Mississippi Woman / Louisiana Man exhibit when it opens to the public on Friday, Nov. 17 and runs through June 10, 2018.
Items from the Hall of Fame Exhibit
1. Tim and Faith Barbie Dolls made their debut in 2011
2. Tim McGraw’s guitar from college. He nicknamed it “School Daze”
3. Faith Hills wedding gown worn in 1996.
4. Outfits worn by Tim and Faith in “The Rest of Our Life” video.
5. Homerun baseballs Tim McGraw hit in his youth. Desk Faith Hill used as a child.
6. Tim and Faith’s Grammy Award for Best Country Collaboration with Vocals in 2000 — “It’s Your Love. “
7. Thigh-high Chanel boots Faith Hill wore in promotional video for “Sunday Night Football” in 2009.
8. Faith’s satin gown from her appearance on the ACM awards in 1996.