The Pioneer Woman has done it again, y’all! This baked potato casserole recipe is so creamy and delicious, you’ll want to make it over and over again!
The Pioneer Woman’s Cheesy Twice-Baked Potato Casserole Recipe:
- 1 lb. thin bacon
- 16 russet potatoes
- 6 tbsp. canola oil
- 4 sticks (1 pound) salted butter, plus more for buttering baking dish
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups grated Cheddar or Jack (or a mix of both), plus more for topping
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 tsp. seasoned salt
- 6 green onions, sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook bacon in a saute pan until crispy, then allow to cool and crumble.
- Scrub the potatoes, then place on a baking sheet.
- Rub potatoes with canola oil and bake for 45 minutes to an hour or until tender.
- Remove potatoes and lower the oven temperature to 350.
- Slice butter into pats and place into a large mixing bowl.
- Add bacon and sour cream.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise and scrape out the insides into the mixing bowl.
- Tear up 3 of the skins and throw them in the bowl, too.
- Smash potatoes with a masher, then add cheese, milk, seasoned salt, green onions, salt and pepper, and mix.
- Butter a baking dish, then spoon the mixture into the dish and top with grated cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until warmed through.