Oh, Elf on the Shelf. Every year, I see my parent-friends going above and beyond to make up creative ways to set up their Elf around their house. Of course, things don’t always go as planned, which is why it helps to have a sense of humor.
9 Hilarious Elf on the Shelf Fails Every Parent Can Relate To:
1. When you and the Elf have a little incident.
“I killed our elf. PSA: Elves don’t like light fixtures.” OMG.
border-radius:3px; box-shadow:0 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.5),0 1px 10px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.15); margin: 1px; max-width:658px; padding:0; width:99.375%; width:-webkit-calc(100% - 2px); width:calc(100% - 2px);">
2. When the Elf’s antics become…permanent.
“Tired mom looks for simple #elfontheshelf ideas and thinks that would be easy. Takes less than a minute and I’m off to bed. However it didn’t come off the toilet. Be warned!!” My nightmare.
3. When you go out of town and Elf “forgets” to move.
“What should I do, call Santa?”
4. When the dog loves the Elf a little too much.
5. When your kids so desperately want their Elf to appear that they go to the big man about it.
“The kids have woke up the last few mornings hoping “Cookie” their elf would show up…. well this morning Wyatt and Peyten were so sad Wyatt decided to write “Santa Claws” a letter asking where Cookie is.”
6. When the creativity isn’t appreciated.
“When you try and bring that dreaded elf back and someone showers and melts your “be good” message!” LOL
7. When Elf accidentally goes for a dip.
“Elfette took a chocolate chip dump but fell in. (NOT INTENTIONAL!!!)” Hahaha
8. When you have to make up something on the fly.
“What Charlotte doesn’t know: this is where I threw Buddy last night because Ben was supposed to do something with him and fell asleep. 🤦🏼♀️ What I told Charlotte: he must be exhausted and landed on the floor face down because he’s tired and the trip to and from the North Pole is far. She’s fascinated that Santa just kind of threw him on the floor and thinks it’s hilarious. I’m going with it!”
9. When you forget to move the Elf for a couple of days…
“Dear Fifi, why did you stop moving? Did Apollo touch you? Do you have to go back to the North Pole? Love, Bella”