Women of a certain age have a somewhat permanent commitment to care about Britney Spears and her well-being. I am one of those women.
Britney stormed onto the scene when I was in 9th grade, we’re basically the same age and I feel like I’ve seen her make a lot of mistakes most people my age have made, she’s just done it in public. Other than Lindsay Lohan, I’ve never wanted anyone to bounce back from a shaved head and mental breakdown more than Britney.
Well, she bounced back. And she’s been back for years.
The interview was incredible and Britney at her very best. She really is a shy, small-town girl just trying to raise her kids and make a little bit of money.
I could be wrong, but it also seemed like she was actually singing and not lip syncing her way through this. Also, whenever she was talking she took her sunglasses off, but as soon as the music came on, the sunglasses came back– it’s like she was going from regular Britney to stage Britney just by wearing sunglasses.
7 Reasons Britney Spears’ Carpool Karaoke Ride with James Corden was the Most Endearing Thing Ever:
1. James asked Britney what “Oops… I Did It Again” is about. She literally said, “I don’t know, I really don’t know, I think it’s just a song.”
2. Britney said she wanted to have three more kids, but she has to find the right guy. Then, she said what just about every woman has thought at one point in their life, if they have been hurt after a long relationship.
3. James asked how Britney’s boys react to see her on stage doing things… well, you know Britney things. James said he saw his mom in her underwear once and he still can’t shake the image.
4. Britney also shared her list of alias names for hotels.
1. Anita Dick
2. Alotta Warmheart
3. Chasity Montgomery
Chasity has to be someone she went to high school with, right?
5. Britney said she made straight A’s in school, but she did get paddled in 1st grade.
6. Britney does not like tickling.
7. Yes, they wore the outfits from the “Baby One More Time” video.
Britney’s still got it. For sure.