Back in the day, when things like Lisa Frank and Nintendo were still advertised on TV, commercials were a true art form.
They didn’t have all the special effects, makeup and trickery we have today, so they had to lean solely on the talent of the actors and the integrity of the product itself — ahh, the good ole’ days.
And often times, they would hire fresh-faced actors who were looking for their big break into the business, making for some pretty golden TV moments.
22 Weird, Old Commercials You Forgot Starred Your Favorite Celebrities:
1. Mila Kunis for Lisa Frank
2. Leonardo DiCaprio for Bubble Yum
3. Steve Carell for Brown’s Chicken
4. Paul Rudd for Nintendo
5. Stanley Tucci for Levi’s
6. Tina Fey for Mutual Savings Bank
8. Ben Affleck for Burger King
9. Lindsay Lohan (and Bill Cosby) for Jell-O
10. Stephen Colbert for FirTier Bank
11. Elijah Wood for cheese.
12. Meg Ryan for Burger King
13. Kristen Stewart for Porsche
14. Britney Spears for Maulls Barbecue Sauce
15. Brad Pitt for Pringles
16. Jack Black for Pitfall
17. Aaron Paul for Pops
18. Jason Bateman for Golden Grahams
19. Bryan Cranston for Shield Soap
20. Matt LeBlanc for Heinz
21. Mark Ruffalo for Cearasil
22. John Travolta for SafeGuard