Chris Harrison may be known as Mr. Nice Guy on each and every season and franchise of “The Bachelor,” but lately he’s shedding that image for the truth.
After production was halted and restarted on the fourth season of “Bachelor in Paradise,” Harrison has recently come out and said the show didn’t do anything wrong. And a few other interesting things. It’s all getting pretty weird.
5 Really Interesting Things Chris Harrison Said About “Bachelor in Paradise”:
1. “We’ve really learned from our mistakes, but there really weren’t any major mistakes made.”
No mistakes?! This is on record now, Chris.
2. “When this plays out and you see it all happening, you’ll understand what I’m saying.”
Understand that this was all done for viewers and publicity?
3. “Yes, we’ve made some changes but if you talk to the cast, they’ve always been the most important thing to us — taking care of them and their safety.”
Well, yeah, you’ll keep them safe during a hurricane, but it’s not like there are lifeguards at the pool.
4. “And as far as alcohol goes, that’s never been a big thing for us. That’s a big misconception of the show — that we push it, and that we need it and we want it. But that really doesn’t help us. Someone being sloppy drunk and being out of it does not give us good television.”
The last three seasons of the show have featured a full-time bartender that got his own opening credit.
5. “On the contrary, we want people to be of their right mind and give us a better story to show. So while we’re going to talk about rules and talk about certain things and have a dialogue, you’re not going to notice major changes.”