Before Ronald Reagan was the Governor of California or President of the United States he was an actor and– a Democrat. US Senator Al Franken was a writer for “Saturday Night Live.” Sean Duffy, current US Representative for Wisconsin’s 7th district was on MTV’s “Real World.”
A few other entertainers turned into politicians, too, but the list is short– Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jesse Ventura, Sonny Bono, Fred Thompson and, of course, President Donald Trump. Kid Rock is looking to add his name to the short list by running for the Senate from Michigan in 2018. He’s also said he plans to release music during his campaign. Will he write his own campaign jingles or stick to his current catalog? As a cast member of “The Hills” once said, “truth and time tell all.”
If Kid Rock needs help picking out campaign slogans, bumper stickers or just phrases to help people get to know him as a candidate, I’ve reached deep into his song catalog for him.
11 Kid Rock Lyrics He Could Use, But Shouldn’t During His Senate Campaign:
1. Call me hoss, I’m the boss with the sauce and the whores // from “Cowboy”
Fairly simple– he’s the boss.
2. All the crackheads, the critics, the cynics // from “Bawitdaba”
He’s running for office to represent even the least of the least.
3. All you bastards at the I.R.S // from “Bawitdaba”
Tax reform, tax reform, tax reform!
4. And for my hoods of the world misunderstood // from “Bawitdaba”
Again, Kid isn’t running to help his rich Michigan friends, this is for everyone.
5. I know it stinks in here, cause I’m the shit // from “American Badass”
You have to be confident to ask for votes. This is confidence.
6. I’m gonna move mountains and touch the sun // from “Devil Without a Cause”
Few people have dreams as lofty as this when they set out for D.C.
7. Don’t get scared now, you knew this day would come // from “Devil Without a Cause”
“Scared” is the wrong word.
8. I deliver fool, Now who the fuck are you? // from “Cocky”
Maybe don’t say this during a debate?
9. It isn’t bragging motherfucker if you back it up // from “Cocky”
10. For the Kid, the Rock the Red, White and Blue // from “Cocky”
Campaign slogan, for sure.
11. And everywhere I went somebody’s wanted a free ride / But parasites can’t fade the Rock, from “Prodigal Son”
Again, this is about hard work, no free rides in Kid Rock’s America.