Before Ed Sheeran was winning GRAMMYs and acting as the original member of Taylor Swift’s squad, he was writing songs for other artists. Songs you’ve definitely heard and songs you definitely didn’t realize he had written.
10 Songs You Didn’t Know Ed Sheeran Wrote:
1. “Everything Has Changed” // Taylor Swift
Swift helped launch Sheeran’s career, but he told MTV once, that while writing “Everything Has Changed” he questioned a chord she wanted to use and she pointed at her shelf full of GRAMMYs.
2. “Cold Water” // Major Lazer, Justin Bieber
The song was left on the cutting room floor for one of Sheeran’s albums, but Justin Bieber took it to No. 1.
3. “Dark Times” // The Weeknd
The Weeknd says this was the fastest he’s ever written and recorded a song, thanks to Sheeran.
4. “I Was Made For Loving You” // Tori Kelly
After Kelly and Sheeran wrote and recorded this one together, rumors started flying that they were together. They weren’t.
5. “Love Yourself” // Justin Bieber
This was the first time Sheeran and Bieber wrote a song together. It worked and went to No. 1.
6. “18” // One Direction
7. “Moments” // One Direction
8. “Little Things” // One Direction
Makes you want to listen to a little more One Direction, right?
9. “Hotel Ceiling” // Rixton
Rixton worked with Sheeran on this tune to get a more mature sound. It worked.