Spicy snacks are a way of life. that may sound like hyperbole, but think about it. People say things like “I’m not a spicy food person.” That’s not who I am. I’m not that person. Spicy people live it. They want the spice, the fuego, the flame. And that begs the question: what is the spiciest everyday food you can buy? I don’t mean ghost peppers, i mean the stuff at the gas station you can grab during a road trip. Rhett and Link, two spice enthusiasts tested the question in an all out food brawl that I’m glad I could watch and not test.
- Andy Capp’s Hot Fries (which I think are based off of a newspaper comic?)
- Flaming’ Hot Cheetos
- Takis Fuego, which has a roller coaster named after it and has reportedly put kids in the hospital
- Snak Club’s Hot & Spicy Peanuts
- Pringles LOUD Salsa Fiesta
- Jack Link’s Hot & Spicy Beef Stick
- Hawaiian Mango Habanero Kettle Style Potato Chips
- Doritos Flamas
Rhett and Link take on the hottest bite-sized goodies and put them to a tournament style test where only the hottest survive. Fun fact: that was also the initial pitch for “Bachelor In Paradise”. Anyway, let’s keep moving.
The results are surprising.
A BEEF STICK AND HAWAIIAN CHIPS IN THE FINALS!? Y’all, that came outta nowhere. But hey, I love Hawaiian chips. Now I have to pick these up the next time I see them.