Last season, we met Kevin as he was discovering who he wanted to be as a professional. He quit “The Manny” and tried out a play. He reconnected with his family. And now, now– this guy has fallen harder than almost any TV character ever to appear on primetime TV.
This episode takes us through Kevin’s journey as a star high school football player and the injury that took it all away. Kevin fights with Jack over his attitude and teenage Kevin recalls a phone call Jack had with his sponsor fighting back tears trying not to give into temptation. Nothing is more real that seeing your parents in pain.
Adult Kevin is spiraling fast back at his old school. At this point, he’s a full-fledged addict and in a really dark spot. Nothing is more real than being in your hometown and realizing you aren’t who you thought you were going to be.
Justin Hartley will be nominated for an EMMY after this episode.
And don’t get me started on Kate.
12 Hilariously Sad Tweets From Season 2, Episode 8 of “This Is Us”:
1. I don’t watch Fox News, but if they’re really breaking down politics in comparison to “This Is Us,” I might start. Also, I think she didn’t know this hashtag existed.
2. “Hide yo’ kids, hide yo’ wife, “This Is Us” is on tonight.”
3. I did it.
4. Same. Same!!!
5. This shouldn’t make us laugh. We apologize.
6. Oh. Oh, this is real life. The realest.
7. See tweet No. 3. You get a Kleenex! You get a Kleenex! And you get a Kleenex!
8. Fair. we like them, too.
10. Seriously. She is not good.
11. Do it. Do it. Do it.
12. I’m surprised you can still sit upright!