Tennis is one of the more refined professional sports. By that, I mean it can be stuffy and humorless. What can you expect from a sport that forces fans into silence during play? But during the Australian Open, professional tennis took a moment to laugh. Will Ferrell crashed an interview with Roger Federer after his opening round win to ask the questions that really matter.
Here what you expect from an opening round interview with one of the greatest tennis players of all time:
- How did you feel today?
- Let’s talk about that time you lost a point. Are you concerned you might lose the tournament?
- How will you prepare for tomorrow?
- Good luck.
- Tonight you seemed like a gazelle out there on the court. Would you describe your game as a silky gazelle?
- You’re 32 years old, you seem ageless. Are you a witch or a vampire?
- Is it true you only eat wombat meat? Have you ever tasted wombat meat?
- Does it get annoying when (the crowd) screams ‘come on Roger!’ over and over again?
Praise the Lord for Will Ferrell, the savior of sports journalism!