Let’s be honest, cheese and any form of potatoes are my favorite foods of all-time. Individually, they are both great, but they compliment each other so perfectly, it just makes sense to prepare them together.
With that being said, my jaw dropped when I came across this delicious cheese potato pancake recipe. These could be prepared for breakfast, lunch, dinner or just as a snack.
My personal advice? Avoid preparing these with no one else around. You might risk devouring all of them yourself. I know I would.
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup oil, for frying
- Dipping sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce
1. Use the large holes of the grater to grate cheese and potatoes.
2. Transfer the potatoes into a kitchen towel and squeeze out as much liquid as you possibly can.
3. Place the potatoes into a large bowl. Add cheeses, onion, garlic powder, flour, salt, pepper and eggs. Stir to combine.
4. Heat oil over medium high heat. Use an ice cream scoop to take equal amounts of potato mixture and add to the pan. Use the back of a spoon to flatten the patties. Cook about 3-4 patties at a time.
5. Cook until browned. (About 4 minutes per side)
6. Repeat with remaining potato mixture.
7. Transfer the pancakes to a plate lined with paper towel to remove excess oil.
8. Prepare the dipping sauce by mixing sour cream with chili garlic sauce.
9. Serve the pancakes warm.