If you’ve ever been to Chili’s, you’ve probably had their signature Chili Con Queso– and it’s delicious. Unfortunately, Chili’s isn’t always open or near, which is why we’re happy that Popsugar found the perfect copycat recipe to make at home. Honestly, it might be better than the original! Pair it with a margarita and enjoy!
How To Make Copycat Chili’s Skillet Queso At Home:
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. cayenne
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2-lb block Velveeta
- Jalapenos, Fresno chilies, cilantro, green onion for garnish
- Tortilla chips
- Add oil to a saute pan over medium heat, then cook the onion and jalapeno until translucent.
- Add salt and other spices and cook for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add ground beef and break up the chunks with a wooden spoon.
- When the meat is nearly cooked through, add diced tomatoes and cook until excess liquid is gone.
- Add Velveeta and turn the heat to medium low.
- Let the cheese melt, stirring every so often.
- Garnish with jalapenos, Fresno chilies, cilantro, and green onion.
- Serve with chips and enjoy!