It’s always nice to have a selection of fruit among a snack table, but maybe it’s time to stray away from the typical fruit drip tray.
Fruit salsa is absolutely delicious and looks pretty, too! The fruit is healthy and refreshing, while the cinnamon tortilla chips are crisp and slightly chewy. This salsa recipe includes pineapples, strawberries, peaches, kiwis, and red grapes, but you can add or switch out whichever you prefer.
There won’t be any of this appetizer left over once served, which is always a good sign.
Yield = 10 servings
- 1 fresh pineapple, finely diced
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, finely diced
- 6-8 kiwis, finely diced
- 3-5 peaches, finely diced (I used canned in natural syrup)
- 2 cups red grapes (quartered)
- 10 medium flour tortilla chips
- 6 Tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Gently stir the diced fruits together in a large bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill.
- Cut tortillas into ⅛ wedges. (Cut tortilla in half, then cut each half into fourths, then each fourths into eighths)
- Place tortillas on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Brush tortillas with butter.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar.
- Sprinkle tortillas generously with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes.
- Tortillas will crisp up more as they cool.
- Serve with fruit salsa.