I love grilled cheese and eat more of it than is probably acceptable for a human to consume…that being said, I’m always looking for new recipes to try to spice up the recipe, and this definitely fits the bill!
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- kosher salt
- finely ground black pepper
- 4 slices french bread
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar
- 4 slices cooked bacon, halved
- In a large bowl, stir together cream cheese, jalapeño, and garlic powder and season with salt and pepper.
- Butter one side of each slice of French bread. On the other side of two slices, spread a thin layer of the cream cheese mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add bread with cream cheese mixture, buttered side down.
- Top with 1/2 cup cheddar and half the bacon, then top with another 1/2 cup cheddar.
- Top with remaining slice of bread, buttered side up.
- Cook until melty and golden, 4 to 5 minutes, then flip and cook 5 minutes more.
- Repeat for as many sandwiches as you’d like to make and enjoy!