Eating healthier is so much easier to do when what you’re eating is both delicious and nutritious, and this Chicken Avocado Caprese’ Salad is definitely both. My mouth is watering after watching this easy how-to video. Time to get cooking!
Avocado Caprese Salad
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless, skinless, chicken thigh fillets
- 5 cups Romaine (or cos) lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes , sliced
- 1/2 cup mini mozzarella / bocconcini cheese balls
- 1/4 cup basil leaves , thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Whisk marinade ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Place chicken into a shallow dish and pour 4 tablespoons of the dressing / marinade onto the chicken and evenly coat the chicken. Save the rest of the marinade to use as a dressing.
- Heat about one teaspoon of oil in a large grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat and grill or sear chicken fillets on each side until cooked through. Once the chicken is cooked, set aside.
- Cut chicken into strips and prepare salad with lettuce, avocado slices, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and chicken.
- Top with basil strips then drizzle with the remaining dressing; add desired amount of salt and pepper then enjoy!