I don’t usually like making soup during the summer, but I make an exception when I can use fresh corn on the cob to make Summer Corn Chowder. Check out the video, and see how quick and easy this recipe is. Then try it and taste the deliciousness for yourself!
Summer Corn Chowder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 2 cups chopped roasted skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 2 breast halves)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels (about 3 ears)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 3/4-ounce) can cream-style corn
- Melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add onion, celery, and jalapeño; cook for 3 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Add flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in milk and remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and cook until thick (about five minutes).