I love getting Chinese takeout, but sometimes it’s nice to simply make Chinese food at home. This recipe from TipBuzz shows just how easy it is to make General Tso’s Chicken in the slow cooker. So easy and so delicious! Time to get cooking!
Slow Cooker General Tso’s Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 4 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp water
- red pepper flakes optional
- green onions / scallions minced, optional
- sesame seeds optional
- steamed rice
- Slice chicken breasts into bite size pieces and place in a large ziplock bag with cornstarch, salt and pepper. Shake until coated.
- Place a large frying pan over medium heat and add 1 tbsp oil. Add half of the chicken pieces to the pan, shaking off excess cornstarch as you go.
- Fry several minutes until brown, and then move chicken pieces to the slow cooker. Fry the remaining chicken the same way.
- In a small bowl, add all sauce ingredients. Stir until combined, and pour HALF into the slow cooker. Cook for 3 hours on low.
- When ready to serve, stir remaining sauce into slow cooker.
- Fill bowls halfway with steamed rice. Add chicken pieces on top. Sprinkle on optional red pepper flakes, green onions and sesame seeds. Serve and enjoy!