I love the idea of grilling in the summer, but it always seems like I’m hungry way before dinner’s done on the grill. That’s why I’m all about this Slow Cooker Root Beer Pulled Pork recipe from Delish. It’s the taste of summer grilling with the ease of using a slow cooker, and it’s so good!
Slow Cooker Root Beer Pulled Pork Recipe:
- 4–6 lb. boneless pork shoulder roast
- 1 12-oz. bottle or can, plus 1 c. root beer, divided
- 1 c. ketchup
- 2 c. packed light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. molasses
- 1/4 c. Worcestershire sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 12 brioche sandwich rolls
- bread and butter pickles, for serving
- Add pork and 12-oz. bottle of root beer to a large slow cooker Cook on high for 5 to 6 hours, until the pork is tender and shreds easily with fork.
- Make the BBQ sauce about 30 minutes before serving. In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, whisk together remaining 1 cup root beer, ketchup, sugar, molasses, Worcestershire sauce, lime juice, garlic powder and onion powder. Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes.
- If there is a lot of left over liquid in the slow cooker, drain the pork before shredding. Using two forks, shred the pork. Add about 3/4 of sauce to the meat and mix until pork is evenly coated.
- Add pork to the bottom half of the rolls, then add pickles and more sauce, and then top off with the other half. Enjoy!