I start to miss warm baked goods during the summer, and even though fall is just around the corner– I can’t wait that long! That’s why I love this recipe for Pineapple Coconut Banana Bread from Hey, EEP. It’s got that tropical tastes that makes you feel like you’re on vacation, so it totally counts as a summer treat!
PINEAPPLE-COCONUT BANANA BREAD (makes 1 loaf)
- Nonstick cookings spray, for the pan
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup drained crushed pineapple
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup sweetened, shredded coconut
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and then set aside.
- Use a mixer on medium speed, and beat the butter and brown sugar (until light and fluffy). Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla, pineapple, banana and coconut and beat until everything is mixed well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture all at once and stir until just combined.
- Transfer batter to the prepared pan and bake 45-50 minutes until golden. Put a toothpick in the middle and make sure it comes out clean.
- When you remove it from the oven, let it cool 5 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.