Fall is finally here which means it’s time for all of the comfort foods!
Whether you’re looking for the perfect bite-size snack for your tailgate or just some sweets to munch on at home, Trisha Yearwood’s butterscotch peanut butter bars are a must-try! They’re simple, delicious and will satisfy your fall sweet tooth like no other.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and 1/2 cup of peanut butter with an electric mixer.
- Add egg and vanilla, then sift in the flour with the baking soda and salt.
- Mix oatmeal into flour mixture and stir until a creamed mixture forms.
- Spread batter in a greased pan and sprinkle with butterscotch chips.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the edges have browned.
- Whisk confectioners’ sugar, milk and the remaining 1/4 cup of peanut butter until well combined.
- Spread over the warm bars and allow to cool.