Southern mamas definitely have a distinct style of their own when it comes to raising daughters. If you were lucky enough to be raised by one, you know just what we are talking about.
20 Signs You Were Raised by a Southern Mama:
1. You wouldn’t consider leaving the house in your sweatpants.
2. You could survive for exactly 2 months off what is in your giant purse.
3. You follow the “rules” of wearing white after Labor Day.
4. You wouldn’t be caught dead wearing white to a wedding, even if it is after Easter.
5. You own at least one tube of red lipstick.
6. You have a favorite SEC football team and one you loathe entirely. (Probably Alabama)
7. You do Sunday lunch. And it could feed an army.
8. You’ve made a cake/pie/meal for someone with a birth/death/illness in the family.
9. You don’t start eating until you’ve said “grace.”
10. Your first words were “Yes ma’am.”
11. You know everyone in your extended family. On a first-name basis.
12. You are more familiar with china patterns than you care to admit.
13. You know how to shoot a gun. Well.
14. You still get Southern Living magazines — because your mom “gifts” you a subscription every year.
15. Your favorite vegetable is fried okra. Or mashed potatoes.
16. You know what “Sunday clothes” means.
17. During the fall, your schedule revolves around football.
18. You can drive a stick shift.
19. You know the proper ways to use “bless your heart.”
20. You know the importance of lipstick and mascara.
Image Source: Country Outfitter