It’s summer y’all. And by now, those kids are probably beginning to get on your last nerve. Not to mention, you’ve grown very weary of these 100+ temperatures and are more than ready for fall. So how do you survive? You make your own set of rules. And if you don’t have any, that’s okay. We made some up for you.
1. Hot dogs totally count towards your daily protein intake.
2. Ditch the oven. Grill, microwave or eat cold fruit instead.
3. Blow your budget on activities. Art camp? Yes. Star Wars Camp? Yes. Any camp at all? Yes, yes and yes!
4. Ice cream counts as a main source of dairy for you and the kids.
5. Yes, we know the ice cream truck ice cream has a 1000% margin, but it’s worth it!
6. Swimming counts as a bath. Really. It does.
7. Hair a tangled mess? That’s okay, we like to call it “beachy waves.”
8. Need to dress up? Sunglasses and lipstick are all you need.
9. Roll your windows down, crank up the radio and embarrass your kids by singing along. Loudly.
10. You can create a lot of cute outfits with your bathing suit. It counts as a piece of clothing at this point in summer.
11. Food tastes better on paper plates. Bonus if you eat on paper plates, outside.
12. Chase your kids trying to put sunscreen on, comb their hair or brush their teeth? Great! That’s your exercise for the day!
13. Every day can be a movie day.
14. Popcorn counts as a meal. As does cereal.
15. Bedtime? As long as they are in their bedrooms and being quiet, it doesn’t matter what time they go to sleep.
16. Pretty sure it is a law that you have to catch lightening bugs at least once a summer.
17. No need to sort socks. That’s why you bought all those flip-flops.
18. It’s totally fine to start embracing the “messy bun” as your signature, summer hairstyle.
19. Kids getting loud? Time to hand out the popsicles. They are basically muzzles for kids. (without the awful straps!)
20. Speaking of popsicles, there is not limit to the number your kids (or you!) can consume in a day.
Photo Credit: Big Stock