Keeping cool, calm and collected when it comes to your emotions is a difficult task for the emotional girl. You’ve been known to have some sort of emotional breakdown everywhere from the grocery store to the movie theater (Darn you, Elsa!) and even a high school football game. No one ever has to guess how you are feeling because it is written all over your face.
23 Things Only an Overly Emotional Girl Can Understand:
1. When people tell you to stop being so offended by everything, you get really offended that they think you are easily offended.
2. No matter what emotion you are feeling, the reaction is almost always tears.
3. Which means that even when you are happy, you can burst into tears.
4. You wouldn’t survive without waterproof mascara, because tears.
5. You avoid all videos of military moms and dads returning home and surprising their children. You just can’t handle the feelings of patriotism and sheer joy all at once.
6. You would like to know who is responsible for those animal abuse commercials.
7. You hate it when someone un-friends or unfollows you on social media. Why? What did I do wrong?
8. Bursting into tears into tears in front of your non-emotional friend is the worst because they just stare at you.
9. You are so overly emotional about everything that no one knows when you are genuinely upset. They just assume you are being dramatic.
10. It doesn’t matter if someone is being really mean or really nice, the outcome is the same. Tears.
11. Every victory gets a giant “whoop-whoop.” And by victory, we mean completing a load of laundry.
12. You know you’re going to cry in almost any movie you watch. But you watch anyway knowing your friends are going to make fun of you.
13. You can’t scroll through your newsfeed on Facebook without tearing up at least one sad post….that has absolutely nothing to do with you.
14. You’ve gotten teary-eyed at a high school football when they played the National Anthem.
15. When it comes to opinions, you either love it or hate it. There is no middle ground.
16. People often tell you, you should go into acting.
17. If someone gives you a gift you hate, you have a hard time pretending you like it.
18. But if you really love it, you think everyone in the world needs to share in your delight.
19. And then you are offended when they don’t.
20. You’ve been called dramatic, passionate and/or emotional on more than one occasion.
21. People are confused when they get texts or emails from you because every sentence ends in !!!!! Are you mad, excited or crazy?
22. You are always the first one to say “I love you.” Even if the relationship is only 2 days old.
23. You wouldn’t change a thing and your friends wouldn’t either. They always know exactly who to call when they need someone to cry with them!