You’ve got your savory snacks and sweet treats prepped for your Super Bowl gathering, and now you need a big batch of cocktails to keep the party going. There’s nothing like a big batch of booze to keep your guests and you warm and happy well past the fourth quarter.
1/4 cup sugar
2 (750-milliliter) bottles dry red wine
½ cup orange juice
½ cup peach nectar*
¼ cup orange liqueur
2 to 3 cups club soda, chilled
1 lemon, thinly sliced
1 lime, thinly sliced
1 orange, thinly sliced
1 Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
1. Bring sugar and 1 ¼ cups water to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat, and let stand 10 minutes.
2. Combine sugar mixture, red wine, and next 3 ingredients in a large container; cover and chill 4 hours. Stir in club soda and next 4 ingredients just before serving. Serve over ice, if desired.
4 12 ounce bottles cold light-flavored beer
1 cup (8 ounces) tequila
1 12 ounce can frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
Kosher salt, for rimming glasses
1. In a large pitcher, combine the beer, tequila and limeade.
2. Rub a lime wedge around the rim of each of glass and dip it in the salt.
3. Pour the margaritas into the glasses and garnish with a lime wedge.
Third Down Dragoon’s Punch
4 cups raw sugar
3 cups fresh lemon juice
4 quarts black tea
4 quarts brandy
1 quart rum
½ pint peach brandy
Peels of 6 lemons, cut into slivers
1 ½ quarts soda water
1. Combine sugar, lemon juice, tea, brandy, rum, peach brandy, and lemon peels in a large bowl. Stir until sugar is dissolved and chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
2. Add ice and top with soda water before serving.
Rushing Yards Rum Punch
1½ cup freshly squeezed juice
3 cups rum
12 tablespoons orange curaçao
12 dashes bitters
3 cups ginger beer
3 cups ice
12 orange slices
1. In a large pitcher, stir lime juice, rum, orange curaçao, and Angostura bitters. At this point, punch can be covered and refrigerated for up to 4 hours.
2. When ready to serve, add ice and ginger beer to punch mixture and stir gently. Serve in ice-filled glasses, garnished with orange slices.
Backfield In Motion Bourbon Cider Punch
4 cups apple cider
3 12-ounce bottles hard apple cider
2 12-ounce bottles ginger beer
2 cups seltzer
3 cups bourbon (From one 750 ml bottle)
juice of 1 lemon
2 large apples for garnish
cinnamon sticks, for garnish
1. In a large punch bowl, combine ciders, ginger beer, seltzer, bourbon, and lemon juice. Stir to combine. Slice one apple thinly into cross sections and float them in the punch.
2. Core and slice the other apple to use as garnishes for individual glasses.
3. Serve punch immediately in glasses with ice with garnish.
Touchdown Tom and Jerry Punch
4 eggs, separated
¼ tsp. cream of tartar
3 cups plus 4 tsp. dark rum
1 1/3cup superfine sugar
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp allspice
¼ tsp ground cloves
9 cups milk
3 cups cognac,
nutmeg for garnish
1. In a large bowl, whisk egg whites and cream of tartar to stiff peaks.
2. In another bowl, whisk yolks, 4 tsp. rum, sugar, cinnamon, allspice, and cloves until thick. Working in 2 batches, fold egg whites into yolk mixture. Cover bowl with plastic wrap; chill batter.
3. Heat milk in a saucepan over medium-low heat; keep warm. Put 1 heaping tbsp. batter into a mug; stir in 1-2 tbsp. each of cognac and rum. Fill mug with 6 tbsp. milk; stir until frothy and garnish with nutmeg.
Image Source: BigStock