Apple cider is to autumn, what eggnog is to winter. There’s something about the falling leaves and crisp air that makes the pallet crave that sweet, warming sensation of hot apple cider. From the spices to the fruity nature, it truly makes the perfect drink for all ages. Mass produce it in your crockpot for a party or add a little something to give it some spirit!
5 Delicious Apple Cider Recipes:
- 1 gallon apple cider
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp allspice, whole
- 3 tsp cloves, whole
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 2 dashes nutmeg
- 1 whole orange, halved
- Pour cider into crock pot, stir in brown sugar.
- Place the allspice, cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg in a coffee filter or cheesecloth and tie with butcher’s twine. Put in crock pot.
- Halve an orange and place, peel side up, into the cider. Heat on low for several hours until guests arrive or on high for an hour or two. Pour into mugs and enjoy!
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups apple cider
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Whipped cream, caramel syrup and cinnamon for garnish
- In a pot, heat brown sugar and heavy cream on medium-high and stir until the mixture bubbles.
- Add the vanilla, salt and apple cider then stir to combine.
- Allow to simmer for 10 minutes, ladle into mugs and enjoy!
3. Apple Cider Jell-O Shots from FireballDrinks.Com
- 1 cup of water
- 2 cups of apple cider
- ½ cup of Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey
- ½ cup of Sour Apple Schnapps
- 2 envelopes of Knox Gelatin
- Mix water and apple cider in a saucepan and heat on medium.
- Pour in the gelatin and dissolve, remove from heat.
- Pour in the Fireball and Apple Schnapps, allow the mixture to cool.
- Pour into plastic jello shot cups and chill until firm (2+ hours) – then party!
- 1 bottle pinot grigio
- 2 ½ cups fresh apple cider
- 1 cup club soda
- ½ cup ginger brandy
- 3 chopped honey crisp apples
- 3 chopped pears
- Combine everything together.
- Chill for over an hour, and enjoy! (Don’t forget to get to serve some fruit in each glass.)
- 6 oz bourbon
- 4 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 4-6 tsp pure maple syrup to taste
- 1 cup spiced apple cider
- Apple slices for garnish, ice
- Fill shaker with ice, bourbon, lemon juice, maple syrup and apple cider. Shake.
- Fill each glass with ice.
- Strain into glasses and garnish with a fresh apple slice…drink up!
Image Source: BigStock