I don’t know about you, but for me, it’s nearly impossible to resist the chocolate-y goodness of “America’s Favorite Cookie.” I mean, no matter what form it’s in, whether is original, double stuffed, peanut butter stuffed or golden, I still always want to eat it.
So, imagine my emotions when I tried these Orea-inspired delectable desserts — utter joy.
6 Super Yummy Oreo Dessert Recipes:
1. Drunken Oreos
- 2 packages Oreo pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 6 ounces favorite alcohol
- 1 package original Oreos
Directions: Watch the video below for directions on how to make drunken Oreos.
2. Bacon-Wrapped Oreos
- 1 package Oreos; original or double stuffed
- 1 package thin sliced bacon
- canola oil for frying
- Wrap each Orea with one slice of bacon. Make sure to cover as much surface area of the Orea as possible.
- Secure the bacon around the Orea by sticking a toothpick through the loose end of the bacon into the white part of the cookie.
- Now, pour your oil into a deep pot. The amount of oil you use will vary depending on how deep your pot is and how many cookies you are frying, but make sure the oil is no more than half way up your pot.
- Turn the burner on and heat the oil until it is about 350 degrees.
- Carefully place the Oreos in the oil and let them cook until they are golden brown — watch carefully.
- Remove the cookies from the oil and place them on a plate with paper towels to get rid of extra oil.
- Let cool.
3. Oreo Bark
- 10 ounces white chocolate chips
- 18 original Oreos
- Pour the chocolate chips into a double boiler over low heat and stir continuously until chocolate is melted.
- Remove chocolate from heat and pour into a bowl.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- While the chocolate is cooling, chop 15 of your Oreos into small pieces.
- Add chopped Oreas to cooled chocolate and stir to combine.
- Pour Oreo mixture onto a wax or parchment paper lined cookie sheet and use a spatula to spread and smooth out the top.
- Finely chop the 3 remaining Oreos and sprinkle them on top of the mixture.
- Chill for about 10 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Split bark into pieces using a fork, removing each piece from the paper.
4. Oreo Pudding Pops
- 1 box Oreo Cookies ‘n Creme Instant Jell-O pudding
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 5 original Oreo cookies
- popsicle mold
- large baggie
- popsicle sticks
- Combine pudding mix and milk.
- Pour pudding into a large plastic baggie and cut off a small corner.
- Squeeze pudding into mold.
- Separate the Oreo cookies into two halves — two full cookies, one with icing, one without.
- Place the icing-covered cookie, chocolate side out, into the mold with the pudding.
- Insert your popsicle sticks and freeze overnight.
5. Oreo Blondies
- 2 1/8 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped cookies and cream chocolate candy bars
- 1 cup Oreo cookies, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease 9×13 inch baking pan and set aside.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl and stir until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine melted butter and sugars and whisk until combined.
- Add eggs and vanilla into sugar mixture and whisk mixture again until combined.
- Fold wet ingredients into the dry mixture. Make sure not to over mix.
- Fold in chopped cookies and chopped candy bar.
- Pour batter into pan and smooth out the top.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until the edges of the bars are light brown.
- Cool bars before cutting.
6. Toasted Marshmallow Oreo Cheesecake Bars
- 20 golden Oreo cookies, separated, filling removed
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup sugar
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 12 golden Oreos
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 9×9 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine separated cookies, sugar and butter. Pulse until well chopped and blended.
- Press the cookie mixture into the bottom of the pan until entire bottom is covered.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Let cool.
- While the crust is cooling, combine egg, vanilla, sugar and cream cheese. Stir until well combined.
- Spread batter evenly on top of the crust.
- Then press the 12 whole Oreos evenly over the filling layer.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove cheesecake from oven and scatter marshmallows over the top of the cheesecake.
- Set your oven on broil.
- Put the cheesecake back in the oven for 3-4 minutes until the marshmallows are golden brown. Make sure to watch closely.
- Let cool.
Image Source: BigStock